Belarus Change Tracker. Report launch
On June 27th, Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) together with the Press Club Belarus and Belarus in Focus Information Office hosted the presentation of the first quarterly report, the Belarus Change Tracker.
Belarus is going through the most turbulent period since its independence. The war in Ukraine, the still unresolved internal political crisis of 2020, persistent mass repressions, unprecedented foreign sanctions and international isolation have all merged into a “perfect storm” for the country. The situation poses many new challenges to researchers, making it increasingly difficult to identify sustainable and relatively long-term trends through the mists of a controlled information flow.
To address this challenge, six Belarusian experts will produce a quarterly analytical report, the Belarus Change Tracker.
- Pavel Slunkin, visiting fellow at the European Council on Foreign Relations
- Artyom Shraibman, political analyst and founder of the Sense Analytics consultancy
- Philipp Bikanau, independent sociologist
- Henadz Korshunau, programme director of Belaruskaya Akademia and senior analyst at the Center for New Ideas
- Kateryna Bornukova, academic director at BEROC and visiting professor at Carlos III University in Madrid
- Lev Lvovskiy, BEROC senior research fellow.The analytical “zest” of the report is an exclusive quarterly opinion poll that enables us to record shifts in public opinion across different segments of Belarusian society.
The recording of the presentation on YouTube: