Launch of the campaign "People's Constitution" supported by the united democratic forces of Belarus
We would like to invite you to the press conference which is dedicated to the project of Drafting the Constitution of New Belarus and the launch of the campaign "People's Constitution" supported by the united democratic forces of Belarus. The campaign will run on the platform “Honest People” during the period from the 6th of July to the 15th of October 2021.
The dictator Alexander Lukashenko announced that they have been working on their draft Constitution articles. Their intent to conduct the plebiscite and to ask the Belarusian people to vote for or against it contradicts the fact that these draft articles are being kept secret from the public, and the people of Belarus do not know what they are supposed to vote for or against.
The new civil initiative which is called the Public Constitutional Commission published its version of the Constitution of New Belarus on the 1st of July 2021. This version is open for everyone, and its creators are convinced that the interests of all Belarusians were addressed in their version.
In the “People's Constitution” platform, every citizen of Belarus who has reached the age of 18 years, can start a public discourse on one or several provisions of the new Constitution, register their vote supporting the draft and send an official request to the Constitutional Commission of the House of Representatives to present “People’s Constitution” at the plebiscite. The fundamental rights and freedoms including freedom of expression and freedom of speech, are guaranteed by the civil initiative “Honest People” via their digital online platform “Honest Choice”.
At the press conference, the draft Constitution of New Belarus will be presented to the public. The speakers will address its key principles and articles, and also answer the questions about the project "People's Constitution".
The event’s key speakers are:
- Pavel Latushka, head of the People's Anti-Crisis Administration, member of the Presidium of the Coordination Council;
- Valery Kavaleuski, head of the Cabinet of Representatives of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, representative of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya MMD;
- Lena Zhivoglod, coordinator of the “Honest People” civil initiative and People's Anti-Crisis Management;
- Volha Kavalkova, member of the Presidium of the Coordination Council, co-chairman of the Belarusian Christian Democracy Party;
- Anatoly Lebedko, head of the Public Constitutional Commission, representative of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya on the constitutional reform;
- Leu Marholin, member of the working group on the formation of the draft Constitution of the Public Constitutional Commission;
- Valery Zhurakovsky, member of the working group on the formation of the draft Constitution of the Public Constitutional Commission;
- Andrei Kureichyk, a member of the general chapter of the Coordination Council.
The press conference will commence the next Monday, 12th of July 2021, at 12:30 (GMT + 3), Minsk time, in an online format on Zoom. Please, join the event. Start with filling in the registration form (click here). You will receive the link to the Zoom meeting not long before the start of the event.
Thank you, and we hope to see you at the event!